URBAN ADAMAH ALL YEAR
Not Your Average Sunday School
A farm-based learning group for kids that meets twice a month
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
At Urban Adamah All Year, young people in grades K – 4 will meet twice a month to build their understanding of the ways in which sustainable agriculture and connection to the earth intersect with Jewish tradition and ritual in deeply experiential and meaningful ways.
Participants will spend their day in chavurot (small groups) of similarly-aged students, led by two educators. Each Sunday will include time for Shomrei Adamah (“guardians of the earth”) farm activities, hands-on projects and self-directed play.
2023 – 2024 Details
October 2023 – May 2024
$1600 for 12 Sessions
Kabbalat Shabbat: A Family Introductory Event
October 20, 2023 • 4:30 – 6:15 PM
All Year Sessions: Sundays, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
November 12, 2023
December 3, 2023
December 10, 2023
January 21, 2024
January 28, 2024
February 11, 2024
February 25, 2024
March 10, 2024
March 24, 2024
April 14, 2024
April 28, 2024
May 12, 2024
WHAT WILL WE BE LEARNING?
Please note these scheduled thematic focuses may be altered based on student engagement and interests.
- October 20 – Introduction: Kabbalat Shabbat & Shabbat Dinner for families (B’resheet – Beginnings)
- November 12 – Introduction (Adamah – Land)
Jewish Ritual & Identity
- December 3 – Gratitude, Indigeneity & “Where I’m From” (Thanksgiving, Day of Mourning)
- December 10 – Finding Your Light (Hanukkah)
- January 14 – Roots (Tu b’Shvat – New Year of the Trees)
- January 28 – Being in Community (Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action)
- February 11 – Tfillah – Prayer (Awe, Wonder, Gratitude, & Hope)
In Pursuit of Justice
- February 25 – Get Up, Stand Up (Tikkun Olam – Repairing the World)
- March 10 – Equality & Equity (Women’s History Month & Food Justice)
- March 24 – Hidden Treasures (Purim)
- April 14 – Liberation (Pesach – Passover)
- April 28 – Traditions & Practices (Judaism Past, Present, & Future)
- May 12 – Celebration of Learning
Please note this is a sample schedule and some times and/or activities may vary.
- 10:00 AM – Welcome & Morning Meeting
- 10:30 AM – Chavurah (“Small Group”) Time
- Students will participate in programming based on the day’s thematic focus
- 11:45 AM – Lunch
- 12:15 PM – Avodat Goof (“Tending to the Body”)
- Time for play and movement
- 12:45 PM – Shomrei Adamah (“Guardians of the Earth”)
- Hands–on work to help our farm grow
- 1:45 PM – Chugim (“Clubs”)
- Participants will choose which activity they would like to go to. Options will include theme–related art, music, and more
- 2:45 PM – Closing Circle
If registration is full, please follow the registration prompts for adding yourself to the waitlist.
Urban Adamah is committed to ensuring that our programs are accessible to everyone in our community.
If you wish to apply for financial aid, please follow the prompts in the registration process and ensure to click the box that says I want to apply for Financial Aid. All financial aid applications are due by October 13 and are anonymously distributed on a needs-basis.
If you wish to donate funds to the financial aid pool, you will have the opportunity to do so as a part of the registration process. Thank you for helping to make this program accessible to all!
All cancellations must be made through the registration portal.
- Cancellations on or before September 29 – Refund minus $150 and credit card processing fee.
- Cancellations on or before October 13 – No refund given, unless we are able to fill your spot with someone from the waitlist, in which case you will receive the refund policy of the previous tier.
- Cancellations on or before October 19 – No refunds given.
Special Cancellation Circumstances
If you must cancel your registration or your child is sent home from UA All Year due to medical reasons including a positive COVID test, we will not offer any refunds.
On the rare occasion that your child is sent home from UA All Year for non-medical reasons, we will not offer any refunds.
If UA All Year is canceled due to a decision made by Urban Adamah, withstanding any cancellations due to a public health or environmental emergency, we will give full refunds – or prorated refunds if UA All Year has already begun – minus a $150 deposit and credit card processing fees.
If we cannot run UA All Year as a result of a public health or environmental emergency, we cannot guarantee any refunds.
*There is a 3% non-refundable credit card processing fee.
All eligible participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to the start of UA All Year. All participants must have received a booster in addition to initial vaccination. All UA All Year staff are required to be fully vaccinated with a booster shot.
Our masking policy depends on COVID-19 Community Levels:
- Low: Participants and staff will not be required to wear masks.
- Medium or High: Participants and staff will be required to wear masks indoors.
If the COVID-19 Community Levels change during UA All Year, you will be notified of said-changes and what that means for your child with regard to masking and other safety measures.
If any staff member or child tests positive for COVID-19 or is a close-contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they will not be able to return to UA All Year until providing a negative COVID-19 test result for them and the infected person.
We clean bathrooms regularly, offer individual places to store participant belongings, require plenty of hand sanitizer, and hand washing. We ask that kids bring all their own snacks and lunch for health and safety reasons.
If you have questions, please reach out to our Youth Education Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.