Teen Fellowship Week: Training for a Lifetime
High schoolers currently in 9th-12th grade: come experience the magic of our young adult Fellowship with this immersive week of growing and learning. We will spend our time working on all aspects of the Urban Adamah farm and exploring the food system, social justice, sustainable agriculture, community building, Jewish spirituality and much more, all in hands-on and service-learning sessions.
This leadership program will support teens in becoming effective change makers in their communities and in the world.
The program will include:
- Select learning sessions from Urban Adamah’s award winning young adult fellowship – tailored for high school age students
- A chance to learn all aspects of running an ecological farm – including garden bed care, greenhouse management, working with goats and chickens
- Preparing and enjoying farm-to-table meals
- A farm campout under the West Berkeley stars Thursday night
- Starting each day with song and mindfulness
- Leadership development and community-building with other passionate teens
The week will culminate with a communal Shabbat ritual which the teens will help in co-creating.
2018 Teen Fellowship Dates and Schedule
July 30-Aug 3, 2018
Thursday, 8am through Friday, 5pm
(includes Thursday night campout and Friday eve Kabbalat Shabbat on the farm)
Who is Eligible
For rising 10th, 11th, 12th graders, and recent graduates
*Program capped at 16 participants
8:30am-9:30: Avodat Lev (morning singing, movement, poetry, yoga, etc)
9:30am-12:30: Farm Projects (with Summer Fellows)
12:30-1:30: Lunch and Rest time
1:30-2:45: Session 1 – Food Justice, Power and Privilege
2:45-3:30: Session 2 – Leadership & Community Building
3:30-4:00: Closing – Integration and Reflection time
There are 3 steps to the application process:
- The application will be live in the first weeks of January. In the application there will be a space for teens to answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying to the teen fellowship at Urban Adamah? What do you hope to learn about yourself and/or the world? (250 words or less)
- Describe a difficult experience you’ve had recently and how you responded to the situation. What was challenging for you? What personal strengths or outside support did you rely on to move through the challenge? What might you have done differently? (250 words or less)
- We will reply after receiving both an application in our system and an email with your answer the question to schedule a video-call interview, after which we will let you know if you have been accepted to the 2018 Teen Fellowship cohort
For questions about Teen Fellowship Week, please contact Rachel Binstock at email@example.com
Winter Camp Intern
Want to wet your feet in the magical world of outdoor and experiential education on a Jewish-inspired urban farm? If this sounds mostly new to you and you’d like to be in an immersive and supportive environment as you develop new skills, join us as an unpaid intern.
The Winter Camp Internship program runs from December 18th to December 29th. The internship schedule will be from 8:30am to 5:30pm or 10am to 5pm, depending on need. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences, but final schedule will be based on program need.
Interns can chose to commit to either one or two weeks of Winter Camp:
Week One – December 18 – December 22
Week Two – December 25 – December 29
All interns must attend a mandatory orientation on December 17th from 9am to 1pm.
Camp Urban Adamah is excited to offer internships for 9th – 12th graders
While interns do not pay to attend Camp, their internship is also unpaid.
To apply, please click the button below. Applications must be received by November 1st in order to be considered.
For questions about the Intern program, please contact Ariela at firstname.lastname@example.org.