Teen Fellowship Week
Teen Fellowship Week: Training for a Lifetime
High schoolers currently in 9th-12th grade: come experience the magic of our young adult Fellowship with this immersive week of growing and learning. We will spend our time working on all aspects of the Urban Adamah farm and exploring the food system, social justice, sustainable agriculture, community building, Jewish spirituality and much more, all in hands-on and service-learning sessions.
This leadership program will support teens in becoming effective change makers in their communities and in the world.
The program will include:
- Select learning sessions from Urban Adamah’s award winning young adult fellowship – tailored for high school age students
- A chance to learn all aspects of running an ecological farm – including garden bed care, greenhouse management, working with goats and chickens
- Preparing and enjoying farm-to-table meals
- A farm campout under the West Berkeley stars Thursday night
- Starting each day with song and mindfulness
- Leadership development and community-building with other passionate teens
The week will culminate with a communal Shabbat ritual which the teens will help in co-creating.
2018 Teen Fellowship Dates and Schedule
July 30-Aug 3, 2018
Thursday, 8am through Friday, 5pm
(includes Thursday night campout and Friday eve Kabbalat Shabbat on the farm)
Urban Adamah is committed to making our programs accessible to families with all levels of income. Please click here to apply for a scholarship for the Teen Fellowship Week.
Who is Eligible
For rising 10th, 11th, 12th graders, and recent graduates
*Program capped at 16 participants
8:30am-9:30: Avodat Lev (morning singing, movement, poetry, yoga, etc)
9:30am-12:30: Farm Projects (with Summer Young Adult Fellows)
12:30-1:30: Lunch and Rest time
1:30-2:45: Session 1 – Food Justice, Power and Privilege
2:45-3:30: Session 2 – Leadership & Community Building
3:30-4:00: Closing – Integration and Reflection time
There are two steps to the application process:
- In the application is space for teens to answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying to the teen fellowship at Urban Adamah? What do you hope to learn about yourself and/or the world? (250 words or less)
- Describe a difficult experience you’ve had recently and how you responded to the situation. What was challenging for you? What personal strengths or outside support did you rely on to move through the challenge? What might you have done differently? (250 words or less)
- After receiving your application in our system, we will reply to schedule a video-call interview, after which we will let you know if you have been accepted to the 2018 Teen Fellowship cohort
Please visit our Frequently Asked Teen Fellowship Questions page for more information.
For questions about Teen Fellowship Week, please contact Rachel Binstock at firstname.lastname@example.org