Join Urban Adamah for a journey through the Days of Awe filled with heart opening community, prayer, learning, song, and meditation. Spend a few hours in community with us or make the farm a space for full retreat throughout the holiday season.
September 24 – 25
October 1 – 5
Join us for soulful, musical, accessible Yom Kippur services that are grounded in tradition. With bookend services opening and closing the holiday, we are also offering an immersive retreat to spend the holiday in silent meditation, introspection, and communication with the Divine.
Kol Nidre: Evening Services
Welcoming the Holiday
Sunday, September 24 | 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Join us for Yom Kippur prayer that is musical, soulful, and grounded in tradition.
Ne’ilah: Closing Services
& Break Fast
Monday, September 25 | 6:00 – 9:00 PM
We will close out the holiday with song and prayer, followed by a celebratory meal.
Spacious & Mindful Retreat w. Maggid Jhos Singer
Sunday, Sept 24 – Monday, Sept 25
Join us for a 2-day holiday meditation retreat on the farm, with optional on-site lodging.
Sukkot Dance Party w. SHAMATi
OCTOBER 1, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Celebrate the harvest season as well as SHAMATi’s 10th anniversary with a joyous dance party on the farm!
Singing in the Sukkah
OCTOBER 3, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Join us for an evening of song, as we bask in the joy of the holiday and the beauty of the Sukkah.
Sukkot Film Screening
OCTOBER 5, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Join us for “The Route of the Citron (Etrog)” by award-winning Moroccan filmmaker Izza Genini.
Tot Simchat Torah
OCTOBER 7, 5:00 – 6:00 PM
Join Jen Miriam Altman, Alon Altman, Raizel the Camel, and Raizel’s puppet friends for a Simchat Torah service geared towards tots, with singalongs and dancing!
Retreat w. Room & Board
Join us for an immersive weekend of connective ritual, meals, learning, song, and rest in a full retreat on the farm.
Retreat & Sleep at Home
Join us for an immersive weekend of connective ritual, meals, learning, and song, all while sleeping in your own bed.
Join an Event
Drop in to one or more of our many offerings throughout the holiday. Make your selections when registering.
Our full retreat and immersive weekend will offer additional meals and connective programming, including breakfast and morning grounding, afternoon options for rest and reflection, and dinner with meaningful conversation facilitated by GatherBay and Base Bay Area.
- [SOLD OUT] 6:15 PM | Urban Adamah Community Services – Bring in 5784 with a soulful, musical service that grounds us in our journey for Jewish New Year with gratitude, reflection, and hope. Led by Elaina Marshalek, Nathaniel Markman, and musical guests.
- [SOLD OUT] 6:15 PM | Little Hands, Big Traditions: Preparing the Rosh Hashanah Seder – Help harvest Rosh Hashanah fruit and prepare simanim (symbolic foods that represent our hopes for the year) for our community dinner. Parents can join along or attend services during this time.
- [SOLD OUT] 7:30 PM | Community Dinner & Rosh Hashanah Seder – Gather with us for a community dinner of connection, celebration, and intention setting. Eat your blessings with Sephardic Rosh Hashanah Seder, featuring symbolic foods that represent our hopes for what’s to come. Led by Noemie Serfaty and Base Bay Area. All are welcome.
- 9:00 AM | Awakening Reflections: Rosh Hashanah Morning Meditations – Join Rebecca Schisler to ground in the New Year with mindful meditation and contemplative chanting at the beginning of each day.
- 11:00 AM | Sephardic Singing Circle – Immerse yourself in the vibrant traditions of Rosh Hashanah by learning the beautiful Sephardic piyutim, sacred poems that hold a central place in the holiday service. These piyutim will be sung on Sunday and also form a significant part of the complete Sephardic Rosh Hashanah service. Led by Rabbi Tsipora Gabai with musical accompaniment by Katja Cooper.
- 11:00 | Attend Services Across Berkeley – For those with us onsite or in morning activities, travel with a crew at Urban Adamah to one of the many options for services in the neighborhood, including Jewish Studio Project, Minyan Dafna, Torah of Awakening, and Chochmat HaLev/Wilderness Torah.
- 1:30 PM | Community Lunch & Tashlich – Join the East Bay community for an afternoon of connection, nourishment, and an invitation into the ancient ritual of tashlich, the symbolic casting off of what no longer serves us. In partnership with Base Bay Area, Chochmat HaLev, Wilderness Torah, and Torah of Awakening.
- 8:00 PM | From Holy to Holy: Community Havdalah & Bonfire – Mark the end of Shabbat and the continuation of the Rosh Hashanah holiday with Havdalah and singing around the fire.
- 9:00 AM | Awakening Reflections: Rosh Hashanah Morning Meditation – Join Rebecca Schisler to ground in the New Year with mindful meditation and contemplative chanting at the beginning of each day.
- 11:00 AM | Sephardic Services – Unlock the gates of the heart and join us for joyful, accessible, egalitarian Sephardic services to bring in the new year. This event is open to all, whether you have a strong background in Sephardic traditions or are simply curious to experience something new. Services led by Rabbi Tsipora Gabai with musical accompaniment by Katja Cooper.
- 1:30 PM | Community Lunch & Torah – Join us for a delicious community lunch and High Holiday-inspired learning with Rabbi Frankie of Base Bay Area.