Application Deadline: Monday, April 24 2017
Start Date: Mid-May 2017
Urban Adamah is seeking a full time Administrative Associate to provide core administrative support to the organization at large and to the executive team.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintain office supplies and equipment, manage contracts with cleaners and other vendors, maintain letterhead and document templates.
RECEPTION: Greet visitors and respond to general inquiries, maintain lost and found, maintain office, conference room, kitchen and other common areas.
DATA AND IT MANAGEMENT: Maintain website, maintain computer and other office equipment, point person on all IT issues, data entry.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Provide administrative support to Operations and Site Rental Manager, Executive Director, and Associate Director; support annual workplanning and 2017-2018 strategic planning process (schedule meetings, logistics, research, document management).
PROGRAM SUPPORT: Support outreach and recruitment, manage the application process, and provide some logistical support for UA’s 3 month intensive fellowship program, under supervision of the Fellowship Manager; support organization and operation of weekly Free Farm Stand for members of the community in need; address public inquiries about programs and manage program registration.
SITE RENTALS: Support all aspects of the site rental business at the direction of the Operations and Site Rentals Manager, including creating collateral materials, marketing, fielding requests, contracting, hiring and supervising event staff, serving as a site host.
FUNDRAISING SUPPORT: Support fundraising efforts at the direction of the Executive Director and Associate Director, including grant research, assembling grant proposals and applications, assembling grant reports, managing fundraising events and mailings to donors.
OTHER: Urban Adamah has a lean staff and the Administrative Associate, like all staff, may from time to time be requested to take on tasks outside of their job description.
Full time non-exempt position with health care benefits. Salary DOE.
Skills and Competencies: Qualified candidates will be:
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented, skilled communicators verbally and in writing, self-starters, creative problem solvers, and team-members with a very strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, able to quickly and skillfully create, format, and manipulate documents, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Comfortable operating and maintaining basic office equipment, including computers, telephones, copiers.
- Able to troubleshoot computer hardware and software challenges and identify solutions.
- Rapid researchers, able to quickly track down information from internal and external sources and organize it for others to review.
- Able to enter data quickly and accurately.
- Equally comfortable working independently and on a team
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced office environment and will thrive in a position requiring continuous multitasking.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of people, including people in need of public assistance as well as donors, and able to graciously drop tasks at hand to appropriately welcome and engage individual visitors as well as large groups.
- In possession of a clean U.S. driver’s license for at least 2 years and comfortable driving a pick-up truck.
- Able to safely push, pull, and lift at least 50 lbs. (10 – 20 times one or two days a week to pick up and set up donated food, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Comfortable being the sole staff person at the Urban Adamah site during the weekday and weekends (when hosting programs); and with one other staff person after dark when program participants are not present.
Experience: Qualified candidates will:
- Have worked in a fast-paced office setting for at least one year.
- Hold an AA degree.
- Have worked, interned, or volunteered at an organization focused on youth education, environmental education, urban gardening, community-building, and/or Jewish life.
Desired but not required:
- Experience planning and hosting events.
- Experience maintaining websites.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Experience working in Farmer’s Markets.
- Experience working in mission-driven non-profit organization.
- Non-Violent Communication and anti-oppression training.
- Conversant in Spanish or Mandarin.
For questions about this position, please contact Kat at kat(at)urbanadamah.org
Complete the online application by selecting the Apply button below. It includes:
- Current resume (no more than 1 page in length, submitted as a PDF)
- Cover Letter (no more than 1 page in length, submitted as a PDF)
- Contact information for three professional references
- Responses to six short questions