How to Apply
2013 Fellowship Dates
Spring 2013: March 3 – May 27 – IN PROGRESS!
Summer 2013: June 9 – Aug 30
Fall 2013: Sept 8 – Nov 22
THIS JUST IN: Due to last minute cancellations, we now have two openings in the summer, 2013 fellowship. If you’d like to join us this summer, please complete the first step in the application process and contact Kat Morgan immediately at Kat@urbanadamah.org.
The next round of Fall applications will be reviewed on June 10, 2013.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We will consider your application only after all parts have been submitted: application, essays, resume, letters of reference and application fee. Please review the application process carefully. Bookmark this page for easy reference.
1. Request and Submit Your Electronic Application
- Follow the link at the bottom of this page to request the link to the Application Form.
- The Application Form will take about 25 minutes to complete. You cannot save it and come back to it if the window is closed. We recommend looking it over, and even copying some of the longer questions into a Word doc while you are drafting your answers, and then pasting it into the online form.
- After submitting the application, you will be directed to the communty guidelines page. Please complete the form there.
2. Pay Your Application Fee of $36
Please make your $36 check payable to Urban Adamah | 1050 Parker Street | Berkeley, CA 94710.
3. Submit Your Essays, Resume and Community Guidelines Form
- Download the Essay-Questions. Save your answers as a Word doc (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) entitled “Your-Name_Essays.”
- Prepare your current resume.
- Email essay questions and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the Subject Line.
- Visit the community guidelines page, after you submit your online application, and submit the form, acknowledging that you agree to all the guidelines.
4. Provide References
- Please provide TWO references from people who have supervised you as an employee, student or volunteer. This can include work you have done on campus (can be from a supervisor, employer, advisor, rabbi, Hillel Director, etc.). Family members and peers will not be accepted.
- Send your references the following link: http://urbanadamah.org/reference-form-request. They will then receive the password-protected form in their email inboxes. You can tell them that the form is short and will take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on how much they decide to write about you.
- References are private. Applicants will not see references.
5. OPTIONAL: Send us a Video
- We would love to give you an opportunity to present yourself to us in a one minute (or less) video. Tell/show us something about who you are or why you’d like to be an Urban Adamah Fellow. This is 100% optional.
- To submit your video, click here. You can do this at any time of the application process.